Friday, December 30, 2011

Glimmer All the Way

A lovely sculpture piece by my lovely sister, Abby.
In my last post, I talked about how much I love sparkle. The holidays are always the perfect excuse to pull out sequins & glitter. It seems so festive & magical to have the entire house glimmer a little bit. The way the snow sparkles just right when the street light pools on the pavement, or when the icicle lights dance across the neighborhood rooftops. The holiday shimmer is part of what makes Christmas so spectacular. Reindeer bells are delightful because the sound twinkles through the sky at midnight. Therefore, I propose we embrace this flashy festival & fill our houses & lives with beautiful shimmer. 

Poinsettias - just because they're festive.
Also, I very much like them when they are brushed with a light glitter dust.

Glittery orbs in rich holiday colors filling a wrought iron wall cage-like vase.
I had been wondering what to fill it with. (I also like glittery pinecones.)

"Sugar coated" fruit on the banister. So romantic & fairytale-like.
Reminds me of the sugar plum fairy.


1 comment:

  1. I love all your festive shimmer and I agree with you - less is certainly not more at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...