Tuesday, December 27, 2011

{Weekend Update}...Grandma's House


     No matter how old I get, I love nothing more than going to my Grandma Esther's house. She lives about an hour and a half from where I grew up. I always longed for her to move right next door; still do! But I wonder if some of the magic would be gone. I highly doubt it, but there is something so extremely special about getting out of the car, stretching your legs & then running up the steps to burst in and say, "We're here!" 
     My Grandma is almost 97. She is the most intelligent, kind, wise person I know. She'll tell you all the facts about Jimmy Carter, can recite the list of presidents chronologically & still will tell you who's dating who in Hollywood! Her passion for life can not be beat! Almost every inch in her kitchen is decorated with strawberries or cardinals & smells of coffee and cinnamon rolls. Her house is old, cozy & sits upon a gorgeous chunk of property right in town, with tress everywhere. (Something I miss in the city!)
    Needless to say, Grandma Esther is one pretty rad lady! I'm going over with Abby & mom today to visit. I can't wait to tell her all about the past few months. It's been ages! 

What do you love most about visiting your grandparents or other family members? Do they have a special love (like strawberries) that makes them them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...