Monday, June 4, 2012

{Weekend Update}...Taste of the Valley

 Warm breezes, blue skies, fluffy clouds and a bit of rainfall made this weekend perfect for cool treats and sweets. Nick and I drove to Chippewa's locally owned Olson's Ice Cream Parlor with his Grandma Rose; what a blast we had. I delighted in licking a delectable three-flavor (and three scoop, oh my!) combination of orange pineapple, strawberry, and classic vanilla. I expected the orange pineapple to be more like a tangy sherbet, but it was a creamy, straight up ice cream resembling a dreamsicle filled with pineapple bits. I also made a variation of this bean salsa with bagel chips. It's the perfect complement to hot summer days! Last but not least, The Taste of the Valley dominated Phoenix Park in Downtown Eau Claire. As always, it was characterized by rich smells, live music and great vendors! I sampled the cheese curds, BBQ wings, iced caramel latte and a giant Betty Bar! Needles to say, I was stuffed. As if my weekend wasn't lovely enough, our family had a good ol' bonfire and Nick surprised me with my favorite flowers in a sparkly bouquet. I hope you had an equally tasty and fragrant weekend! Happy Monday!



photos via instagram. Follow me!

1 comment:

  1. That ice cream looks SO delicious! As does everything else you ate...I'm getting hungry! I'm now following you in instagram :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...