Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Greatest Show in Town

As a child, I never really cared for the zoo all that much. It's not that I didn't like the animals; in fact, I loved them. The zoo was one of my favorite destinations. However, the circus wasn't appealing. Largely, I was terrified by clowns! The matte, white faces with bulbous red noses and severely frighting eye make up was beyond disturbing. Parades, therefore, tended to be out of my comfort zone. I don't understand those who like the story, "It". Freaky. 

After reading Water for Elephants a few summers back, I get a desire every now an then to go to a circus. Not some half hearted one in the baseball field, but a full blown, red and white stripe tent circus. I'd put up with the clowns. How spectacular would it be, with lighting and music to see the bejeweled elephants, the trapeze artists, the lions jumping through hoops, and horses dancing? It just sound exciting. 

Did you go to the circus as a child? What was your favorite part? I loved being treated to light as air pink cotton candy. Have you ever seen a fantastic circus like the Ringling Bros? Did you read Water for Elephants?

1 comment:

  1. I've only gone to a circus once and they were really cruel to the animals. Mainly the elephants. I haven't gone since. I too am scared to death of clowns! I watched Water for Elephants, the movie. And it made me want to go to a circus and try it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...