Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One in a Million

     I don't usually post anything relating to news on the blog. I refrain from discussing most hot button topics-religion, politics, etc.because we are bombarded by it every single day. One of my fantasies is a newspaper entitled The Good News Daily (name compliments of the genius writers of Gilmore Girls). I like to keep people happy. Not ignorant, just give them a breather from the general chaotic atmosphere of debate.

     That being said, I thought I would give a shout out to my home state. In Wisconsin, there has been a long, tiring clash concerning Scott Walker & the recent hefty cutbacks for state workers. Essentially, privatized businesses are increasingly better off, teachers are suffering from fewer benefits & the loss of collective bargaining. Public schools are obviously affected.
     The tension & anger has been near tangible. The distress has been compounding until citizens decided to do something about their issues. After months of rallies, protests & the like, the recall Walker petition has one million signatures.

Here is a great link for a better story from the NY Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...