Monday, November 7, 2011

Made with Love

My beloved beaded bracelet
Some of my most prized possessions are honestly things nobody would probably ever want. I am attached to raggedy old quilts, mangy cards made out of computer paper & crayons, beaded necklaces & bracelets, stringy knit scarves and decoupage quote books. However, they mean the world to me. They are handmade gifts made just for me. When I get these, I am so humbled by the thought, time and emotion put into them.
I love nothing more than my beaded bracelet. When people ask me about it (I wear it everyday), I say, "It matches everything I wear." It does. Even if it were all lime green, it would still be on my left wrist.No matter how stretched out it gets. By now, it is much too large and I occasionally worry the little elastic string will break and my beloved beads will go flying. But I can't get myself to take it off. It is simply too special. It was made with love. And I love it.
Do you make homemade gifts for the ones you love? What's the best one you've made? The one you've received?
Beaded necklace from Red Lake Indian Reservation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...