Wednesday, November 23, 2011

{The Adventures}...Athens

Theater of Dionysus
I have a myriad of future destinations tucked away in my brain. Currently, I am extremely interested in Classical Civilizations. Thus, my desired travel location is Athens, Greece. An historically rich culture documented with enormously fantastic ruins. This is at the top of my list. I am already looking up places to see. I want to make sure I see the current culture and explore the beaten path too. I get a little tired of tourism only locations.

Some of the greatest tragedies and comedies were first performed here! How neat.
The Parthenon
Did you know...There are no right angles in the Parthenon? The architects Iktinos and Kallikrates designed it imperfectly to avoid optical illusions that make it appear distorted. How intriguing. It is intentionally flawed to be perfect. 
Porch of the Erechtheion
Wouldn't this dress make you feel divine?


P.S. The thought of trip makes me yearn for this!

photos via (here) (here) (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...