Monday, March 26, 2012

{Weekend Update}...Camdi

   This weekend proved to be busy and exhausting. I had massive amounts of work to do, a dress rehearsal Saturday afternoon and a concert the following day at the St. Paul Cathedral. Luckily, I had just enough time to enjoy some moments with family and friends. Nick came to visit Saturday evening and my parents attended the concert and took us to lunch on Sunday! The weather was beautifully sunny and warm, so I got to wear my new favorite shirt!

     With Nick in town Saturday night, we took the opportunity to try out a new (to us) restaurant in Dinkytown. Camdi is a small locally, family owned Chinese and Vietnamese restaurant. Camdi herself cooks in the kitchen everyday. While I was talking to her husband who mans the tables and register, he told me all the beautiful paintings that adorn the walls are done by by Camdi! Now that's what I call a talented woman; an amazing cook and a spectacular artist!

    I wasn't feeling overly adventurous that evening, so I stuck with some staples: boiled dumplings, spring rolls, sesame chicken and the sweet and sour combination. Everything we ate was delicious! I still have some left overs! My taste buds tend to be a little sensitive, so I found the sesame chicken to be on the spicy side, but it was still delectable. I can't wait to go back and thy the mongolian style chicken! Camdi is definitely one of my new favorite dining experiences! Great service and food!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...