Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vogue auf Deutsch

   I just love these totally sweet art deco covers of German Vogue from the late 1920s! They have such fantastic color and design. This is definitely an example of magazine covers done right!

    Don't you ever get a little sick of seeing gorgeous people in the most expensive clothing, their hair perfectly wind swept, make up dewy fresh and staring at you with that coquettish stare that makes you want to read the issues cover to cover? Well, I know I do. I think it's important to have a variety of culture featured in periodicals we read. They're so common; we read them on the street corner, check out line at the market, while eating Saturday brunch.
   
    Why not take that opportunity to mass appeal and have display great art? I'd even tear the cover off and decorate my house with these covers. I wish that more journals would do this today! Even just a throwback month! Anyway, enjoy!





From the Condé Nast Archive; via German Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...