Tuesday, February 28, 2012

An Office Afternoon

One of my favorite shows, The Office, has now found inspiration in one of my favorite painting, Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Seurat. This is one of the most genius imitations I've seen in a long time. Now, let me gush about The Office. I worried that the show would take a sever hit in ratings after Steve Carell as Michael Scott left. However, the writer & actors have really stepped up their performance. Every episode I've seen this season has been top notch in wit, humor & occasional raunch. Well, done, NBC. If you're feeling inspired by this beautiful piece of art, check out Abby's blog for her column of Artistic Inspiration


Painting via

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was so cool when I saw the imitation too! Used to remember Seurat by the "Seurat Dot." :) I totally agree with you about the show...I'm just always laughing out loud at it, and I'm so glad it didn't go down the drain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...