Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sugar & Spice


I know that I just posted a cupcake post, but I just had to use this one! And this one is totally appropriate for the season we're in. I have to admit one of my guilty pleasures is Harry Potter...it's a family affair of marathons before premiers. We make butter beer, eat junk food, stay up late and paint our nails in house colors. 

For the last marathon, we went all out. I jumped at the opportunity to start experimenting for Halloween! I made pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting that were simple, warm and the best fall dessert I could think of! Also, I feel as though pumpkin pie is something that should only be consumed about once a year, this was the perfect way to get around that rule and still get my pumpkin fix.

I know this looks like a present from the neighborhood dog on the boulevard. However, these are cockroach clusters and they are delicious! They are so easy to make and fun to serve any age! Also, unlike most treats with chocolate and peanuts, it's not overly peanut buttery! There's not peanut butter! But it's like a pleasurably pseudo peanut butter cup with nuts.

Last but not least are pretzel wands! It sounds completely juvenile and perhaps they are, but that's what makes them fun and delicious. Again, they are beyond simple to make, a blast to decorate and so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...