Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello, New Year!



     Wow! It's already 2012! Of course, the first day we actually get snow this winter is a new year. I find it so magical that we get our first snow on the first day of the new year. Today is definitely a day in which I woke up very, very late. It is also a black leggings, turtleneck, cozy socks & glasses day. After our New Year's Eve party at our house, we have been grazing on the left overs from last night. Delicious!

Last night left overs

     Now that it's the new year, everyone is talking about resolutions. You turn on the television, which I've done all day (I'm too tired to do anything else!) and every commercial is about weight loss! Ick! What are your new year's resolutions? I'm going to try (like every year) to eat more produce & exercise more. But I'm also going to take more time to relax. I've been told I suffer from "post-crastination" instead of procrastination. Where most people put things off until the last minute, I stress out & get everything done at once & then have nothing to do for days. I'm guessing this highly wound, super organized (I plan every hour of my day sometimes) lifestyle isn't great. I'm learning to slow down & understand that I can't control everything. Me time is the new fad this year. I'm looking forward to it!

Three cheers for the greatness of 2011 & the fun unexpectedness of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...